Have a question about an existing booking? View our bookings info.
Our Safety Measures – Covid-19
A message from Ricardo Santa-Rita, General Manager
Giving NHS staff and other key workers a place to stay over the last few months has been a real privilege, but we’re delighted to announce that we’ll be opening our doors and welcoming everyone back to our hotel on 4th July.
Unfortunately our bar and restaurant still remain closed, so for the time being we’re offering a ‘grab and go’ breakfast. For other meal times you’re welcome to have food delivered into the hotel. We’ll keep you updated on this as soon as we have news.
Preparations to make The Rose and Crown Hotel safe for you began from the minute that lockdown started back in March. We’ve thought about every part of your visit as we want you to feel safe and secure from the moment you arrive.
The highest standards are being maintained throughout the hotel – from check-in and dining, to room service and housekeeping, we’ve made sure that even at a distance, our team can look after you with their usual warmth and hospitality. Please see a list below of all the changes that we’ve put in place to keep you and your loved ones safe.
These last few months have also been the perfect opportunity to give the hotel all of our care and attention, refurbishing and making improvements where needed, so our hotel really is looking its absolute best right now.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- Perspex screens have been added to all relevant areas
- An enhanced deep cleaning programme is carried out in all communal areas, with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- We will encourage all guests to use our hotel’s WhatsApp number, allowing guests to interact with our team during their stay via WhatsApp rather than face to face.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for guests in all main areas of the hotel
- Safe distance markers have been added to the floor in relevant areas
- Health and hygiene signage has been added to remind guests about best practices
- We will always attempt to operate a contactless process for our guests. E.g. encouraging guests to contact reception via phone for assistance unless it’s absolutely necessary to speak to us in person.
- We will only be accepting debit and credit card payments at this time to avoid the handling of cash.
Bedrooms / Housekeeping
- All bedrooms will be meticulously cleaned and fully disinfected between guests. Extra attention will be paid to high touch areas such as TV remote controls, light switches, kettles, hair dryers, wardrobe doors and any other buttons or handles.
- Our housekeeping team won’t enter your room at all during your stay. We’ll be happy to provide clean towels, linen, toiletries etc to your door as you wish.
- We have removed any non-essential items from the bedrooms e.g. decorative cushions, throws, magazines etc.
- We’d request that when possible, guests should use their bedroom toilet rather than toilets in the public areas of the hotel
- In order to practise good hand hygiene, we’d ask all guests to wash their hands when returning to their bedrooms.
Check-in and Out
- Express check-in. To reduce contact, and the time spent at reception, we’ll take payment and obtain check-in information prior to your arrival.
- Express check-out. Your final statement will be emailed directly to you.
- Room keys will be sanitised before issue and upon return.
Food and Drink
- Our bar and restaurant remain closed so we’re offering a ‘grab and go’ breakfast until 31st July. After this date we will be serving a plated breakfast rather than the usual buffet.
- Until 31st July guests are welcome to order food into the hotel via Deliveroo or other takeaway delivery services
- All tables and chairs in restaurants, bars and communal areas are laid out 1 metre apart as per government guidelines
- When our bar opens again we’ll be offering table service to avoid guests having to come up to the bar.
- All of our colleagues have been trained in new hygiene practices and procedures based on official guidance from the government
- All team members will use recommended personal protective equipment where necessary
- All our team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing wherever possible
- All colleagues will be required to stay home if unwell and have been asked to check their temperature each day before coming to work.
If there’s anything that you would like further information about, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Just give us a call on 01206 866677 or contact us online.