The Rose and Crown Hotel Colchester is currently open for key workers and guests travelling for work. We’re delighted to be taking reservations for leisure guests from Monday 17th May onwards and we cannot wait to welcome you all back!
Tudor Bar Brasserie will be open again on 17th May serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the meantime, we’re offering a ‘grab and go’ breakfast for guests staying with us. For all other meal times guests are welcome to order food into the hotel via Deliveroo or other takeaway delivery services.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Our Covid-19 Booking Guarantee covers you in case of any disruptions caused by Covid-19. Plus, we’ve updated our standard booking policy to give you more flexibility when you book directly with us:
- All flexible bookings can be cancelled FREE of charge up to 12pm the day before your arrival.
- All advance purchase bookings made for stays up to and including 31st December 2021 can be cancelled FREE of charge up to eight days before your arrival. Advance purchase bookings made for stays after the 31st December 2021 are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For group bookings of five rooms or more, seven days cancellation notice is required.
The Rose and Crown Hotel Colchester has been independently audited by Quality in Tourism to certify that we are Covid-19 ‘Safe, Clean and Legal’.
- Perspex screens have been added to all relevant areas
- An enhanced deep cleaning programme is carried out in all communal areas, with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- We will encourage all guests to use our hotel’s WhatsApp number, allowing guests to interact with our team during their stay via WhatsApp rather than face to face.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for guests in all main areas of the hotel
- Guests are required to wear a face mask in all public areas of the hotel (excludes areas such as the restaurant, bar and bedrooms)
- Safe distance markers have been added to the floor in relevant areas
- Health and hygiene signage has been added to remind guests about best practices
- We will always attempt to operate a contactless process for our guests. E.g. encouraging guests to contact reception via phone for assistance unless it’s absolutely necessary to speak to us in person.
- We will only be accepting debit and credit card payments at this time to avoid the handling of cash.
Bedrooms / Housekeeping
- All bedrooms will be meticulously cleaned and fully disinfected between guests. Extra attention will be paid to high touch areas such as TV remote controls, light switches, kettles, hair dryers, wardrobe doors and any other buttons or handles.
- Our housekeeping team won’t enter your room at all during your stay. We’ll be happy to provide clean towels, linen, toiletries etc to your door as you wish.
- We have removed any non-essential items from the bedrooms e.g. decorative cushions, throws, magazines etc.
- We’d request that when possible, guests should use their bedroom toilet rather than toilets in the public areas of the hotel
- In order to practise good hand hygiene, we’d ask all guests to wash their hands when returning to their bedrooms.
Check-in and Out
- Express check-in. To reduce contact, and the time spent at reception, we’ll take payment and obtain check-in information prior to your arrival.
- Express check-out. Your final statement will be emailed directly to you.
- Room keys will be sanitised before issue and upon return.
Food and Drink
- Tudor Bar Brasserie is currently closed but will reopen on 17th May serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Until this date, we’re offering a ‘grab and go’ breakfast to all guests staying with us and guests are welcome to order food into the hotel via Deliveroo or other takeaway delivery services
- All tables and chairs in restaurants, bars and communal areas are laid out 1 metre apart as per government guidelines
- We’re offering table service to avoid guests having to come up to the bar.
- All of our colleagues have been trained in new hygiene practices and procedures based on official guidance from the government
- All team members will use recommended personal protective equipment where necessary
- All our team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing wherever possible
- All colleagues will be required to stay home if unwell and have been asked to check their temperature each day before coming to work.
If there’s anything that you would like further information about, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.